1. Christmas. It is nearly here. Are you organised? I'm going ok with gifts, but food is another thing entirely. I got off to a good start with my early chai-spiced chocolate truffles, and then came to a screeching halt!
|Our mini Christmas table. |
Yes, they are my birthday flowers!
2. We're spending Christmas itself in the Lake District and travelling there by train. So, I not only need to plan food but need to plan food we can carry and prepare in a strange kitchen. Help?
3. My brother submitted his PhD this week. I am so delighted for him, not least because his PhD was so much harder than mine. His involved lab work at all hours of the day and night, experiments that didn't work, and a lab relocation mid-research.
4. Grantchester and Babylon. Have you watched them? They are making up for my sadness at Downton Abbey ending. Also, I think the main female character in Babylon, Brit Marling, looks uncannily like Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows. See this picture for an example!
5. We went to London's Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park last weekend, but didn't make it into the actual event because of the crowds. We did, though, see hundreds of people in Father Christmas costumes. It turns out we ventured into central London on the day of Santacon.
6. Books. What are you reading? I'm half way through Monica Ali's Untold Story, which centres on the possibility of Princess Diana not dying after all. So far I'm really liking it. Other recent books I've liked include And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini, who wrote The Kite Runner, and Trains and Lovers by Alexander McCall Smith.
What is happening in your world this Tuesday?