1. Spring scenes. I think Spring may be my favourite English season. It is certainly glorious at the moment, with blue skies, sunshine and flowers everywhere. I am delighted to have flowers re-blossoming on my apple tree and tulips growing in my garden.
The longer daylight hours are wonderful too - the photo below was taken at 7.50pm!
2. Further to (1), time outdoors. We have some great open spaces near us and it's lovely just to park ourselves on a picnic blanket and enjoy them.
3. Our new fireplace. One of our 2017 aspirations was to sort out a working fire for our living room. I am pleased to say it is now in place (just in time for the warm weather...!).
|Before (top) and after (below)|
It is electric because previous owners of the house removed the chimney, but at least that makes it easy to use.
The old fire inset has moved to what was an empty hole in our dining room fireplace. Unfortunately one corner broke off in the moving process, but we park Mini Bite's pram in that spot so it doesn't matter too much!
4. Rooibos tea. I am obsessed.
5. These oatcakes. I am also obsessed.
6. Good health. I have mentioned before our poor run of health over winter, but Mini Bite has had a particularly awful stretch as she moved from a stomach bug, to consecutive colds, to the hand, foot and mouth virus (the childhood illness, not the animal disease), to an ear infection. I no longer take for granted the three of us being well at the same time.
While ill health is never fun, I am also grateful for the excellent health care we have in the UK. We rang the NHS Direct 24-hour advice line on Sunday afternoon and ended up with an after hours GP appointment for Mini Bite just 2 hours later. The fact this is all free makes it even more impressive.
What are you loving this week?