I'm bringing you a short post today, to share this round-up of 18 Christmas cookies with a healthy twist. Each of the recipe links is below, or you can access them through the original post.
I know it's only 4 days since I posted ideas for edible Christmas gifts, and that post included cookies as well. However, I'm hoping we all agree that you can never have too many cookies, especially at Christmas. If you're not convinced, most of these featured recipes are vegan, gluten free and/or low in sugar. If those perks don't warrant sharing, I don't know what does!
I linked my hazelnut and cherry carob cookies into this round-up, and am looking forward to trying the other contributions.
1. Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Sugar Free from Candida free Candee
2. Dark Chocolate Truffle Cookies – gluten free and dairy free from Tessa Domestic Diva
3. Macadamia Coconut Cookies – gluten free, sugar free, with dairy free and vegan option from Candida diet Plan
4. Christmas No-Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies – gluten free, grain free & super versatile from Gluten free Cat
5. Jungle Balls – quick, raw & vegan from Carrie on Vegan
6. Raw Gingerbread Men – Raw, grain free, and vegan from Om Nom Ally
7. Chocolate-Orange-Goji Cookies (No-Bake or Baked) – gluten free from Coconut and Berries
8. Spiced Orange Cookies - gluten-free, vegan & oil-free from Stir, Sift & Savour
9. Gingerbread Men who like to be healthy – gluten free, dairy free & vegan from Including Cake
10. Quinoa Raisin Cookies – gluten free from Simply Sugar and Gluten free
11. Gingerbread-Cookies – Gluten free, dairy free and egg free from Sandi’s Allergy free Recipes
12. Flourless Triple Nut (or Seed) Brownies - gluten free, grain free, vegan & paleo from Gluten free Easily
13. Hazelnut and Cherry Carob Cookies - vegan and wheat-free from Bite-Sized Thoughts (that's me!)
14. Double Chocolate Paleo Hazelnut Cookies – gluten free, grain free & dairy free from the Tasty Alternative
15. Healthy Peppermint Oreo Cookies – vegan & gluten free from The Healthy Maven
16. Chewy Molasses Cookies – gluten-free and sweetened with date sugar – from Queen of Quinoa
17. Anzac Biscuits with Cranberries – from Green Gourmet Giraffe
18. Chocolate Mint Tea Cookies - refined sugar free from Spiced Curiosity
Have you tried any of the above? Or are you a low-sugar baker? As you can probably tell from my recipes, I have no problem with sugar but do prefer alternatives to white sugar when possible (maple syrup is a favourite).